Tuesday, April 22, 2014

2014- This year is gonna be HUGE!

Wow!  It's crazy to see how fast this year is already moving for me.  It seems like every time I look up from the course i've set, another month has gone by!

With that being said, i wanted to take a moment to recap what 2014 has already given to me and what I am looking forward to coming up!

The StL gang at Spa City
First things first:  I had several superb bike races i attended at the beginning of this year.  First was the Iron Mtn Man in Arkadalphia, AK followed by the Spa City 6 hr in Hot Springs, AK.  I love riding in Arkansas, the trails are amazing, it's usually warmer during the early months of the year, and it no more than 6 hrs away from St. Louis.

The next big endeavor i completed help me reach two of my personal milestones, while help a friend celebrate the 30th milestone.  So, in February I agreed to participate in an overnight 12hr trail run/race.  In reality, i had never really ran more the 5 miles in a sitting, never hiked more than 7, soooo i knew i would be in for a world for hurt.

Team Noah Trail Runners!
What i didn't expect was to enjoy myself as much as I did.  Maybe if was the company (Team Noah's Dwayne and Emily), maybe it was the weather (Freezing temps, ice storms), or maybe the lack of sleep.  Whatever it was, the hour ticked away very quickly out in the Grafton, IL bluffs and before i knew it i had traveled over 30 miles! 

The latest big adventure was the Tour of Hermann Gravel Challenge.  Which was a BLAST!  Two days of Hermann, Mo (think wine country) with about 200 miles of gravel and paved roads to go adventure out onto!  I again got to ride with alot of friends from St. Louis.  Team Noah Racing was in tow, as i was joined by my two favorite "Queens of Pain"  Maria and Emily.  The weather was perfect both days and even thought i had to cut my second day short (family obligations) i felt like i could have ridden all week out there an never get board.

Im sure ill have more things to reminisce about, but for now i'm focusing on big fish!  In particular a whale of a ride called the Cohutta 100 in Cleveland, Tn this weekend.  

Until next time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment